Military Tuition Assistance (MilTA)
Sept. 6 | 2 p.m.
Sept. 13 | 9 a.m.
Sept. 20 | 2 p.m.
Sept. 27 | 9 a.m.
Bldg. 653, Room 204
Sign-up not required
Education Level Updates
Officers: Refer to http://www.afit.edu/coding
Enlisted: to update an enlisted education level, the Education Office needs a copy of the completion certificate.
Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education: to update an SEJPME completion status, the Education Office needs a copy of the completion certificate.
Professional Manager Certification: to update PMC information, please email the Education Office to request an update (no certificate or documentation required).
Commissioning information (programs, deadlines and eligibility) can also be found via MyPers and the AF Portal.
GI Bill Information
Base Training Management
Formal & Civilian Training
Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2018 | Register by Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018
Wednesday, April 10, 2019 | Register by March 8, 2019
Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2019 | Register by Friday, Sept. 13, 2019
ACT TESTING DATES:
Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019 | Register by Friday, Dec. 14, 2018
Wednesday, July 17, 2019 | Register by Friday, June 14, 2019
To schedule a test or check availability, please email 35MSS.EducationTesting@us.af.mil.
The National Testing Center
BLDG 653, Room 207
The NTC offers the following exams:
CLEP & DSST–College-level credit tests
Proctored college exams
To schedule a test, contact the NTC for more information.
To access practice exams, please visit:
Unclassified WAPS CDCs are made available to eligible Airmen from the Air Force Career Development Academy (AFCDA) through the electronic WAPS Online Reference Library Database (eWORLD) http://cdc.aetc.af.mil
PFE (Promotion Fitness Exam) Air Force Handbook 1, study material, can be found via http://www.studyguides.af.mil.
For questions, please contact your Unit WAPS monitor.
- Examinees must understand and comply with all provisions of test compromised in Chapter 5 AFI 36-2605
- Before, during and immediately following testing, examinees must follow all instructions. All examinees must inform the TE of any mental or physical condition that may prevent them from doing their best or finishing the test.
- Examinees must wear an authorized uniform or the uniform of the day when testing (AFOSI agents may be tested in civilian clothes.
- Airmen Must:
- Know their promotion eligibility status
- Maintain their specialty and military qualifications to retain the eligibility
- Use self-initiated programs of individual study and effort
- Obtain and study all current study references specified for a particular promotion cycle
- Review the annual WAPS Catalog to check availability and receipt of correct study references
- Be prepared to test the first day of the testing window
- Ensure they receive at least 60 days to access study materials prior to testing
- Know his or her promotion testing requirements prior to testing date
- Bring a valid military ID card to any testing session
- Bring the minimum personal items possible into testing room. In addition to items prohibited in the testing room, examinees are discouraged from bringing purses, backpacks, gym bags, brief cases, or any other container-type items into the room. Ideally, an examinee has only the correct military uniform and his or her military ID card only.
Test administration begins when the TCO/TE closes the door to the testing room at the appointed start time.
NOTE: When an Airman signs the promotion testing Report on Individual Person (RIP), he or she is waiving the right to 60 days access to study material. The Airman is also waiving the right to 60 days access to study material if he or she has not initiated follow-up action to obtain study materials at least 60 days before start of testing cycle.
AFOQT– Air Force Officer Qualifying Test
AFCT- Air Force Classification Test/ASVS
DLPT/DLAB- Defense Language Proficiency Test/Defense Language Aptitude Battery
EDPT- Electronic Data Processing Test
OPI- Oral Proficiency Test
We offer a variety of other exams on a specific needs basis. If you need to take a test not on this list, please email us at email@example.com to see if it is available.
Accessing your Military Education Record
The AFVEC is the eighth selection down.
Once logged on into the AFVEC, please verify under the “Personal Data” tab that all of the information reflects your current duty station.
If you do not have that option, then your information may not be current. A quick stop by our office will update your records! This gives you access to apply for Tuition Assistance, check CCAF Progress Reports, as well as access to study guides and officer commissioning information.
Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
- Aircraft/Missile Maintenance
- Allied Health
- Public/Support Services
On-Site College Options
MyCAA Scholarship Program
Who is eligible for the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship? Spouses of service members who are Active Duty on pay grades E-1 through E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2 who have successfully completed high school and have a military sponsor that is on Title 10 military orders are eligible. Spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserves in these same pay grades are also eligible.
Contact a certified career counselor at: 1-800-342-9647
Location: Building 1537
MSgt Maybelle McKinney Martin
TSgt Shara Carlisle
SSgt Jasmine Carraway
SSgt Jonathan Hamilton
DSN 226-STAY (7829)
Professional Development Center
Team Misawa’s Professional Development Center (PDC) offers free seminars open to all Department of Defense Common Access Card (CAC) holders, including enlisted, officer, civilian, joint and international mission partners. The PDC is located at Bldg. 1006 across from the Enlisted Club.
Seminars we offer include Leadership, Counseling & Mentoring, Professional Military Writing, Team Building, Stress Management and many others.
To access our courses go our SharePoint and click on the “Class Registration” box. On the next page, look to the left for a list of courses. Click on the course, look at the top of the page for a brief synopsis. Classes are free and fill up quickly!
To get more info on what the PDC offers, please go to our SharePoint site for a full list of courses from a .mil or CAC-enabled computer, click the button below. If you get an error message, give us a call at 226-7829 for a list of upcoming courses and to be registered.
The following are for military-only registrations:
First Term Airman Center (FTAC)
The Joint Bilateral NCO Professional Enhancement Course
The Joint Bilateral SNCO Professional Enhancement Course
Education & Training
Monday–Friday | 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
CLOSED Saturday, Sunday, PACAF Family Days & Federal Holidays